PrismSPECT comes with online documentation and a set of examples that allow users to get started quickly. Many of the user interface windows have Help buttons that go directly to the relevant help page. The following provide additional information on PrismSPECT modeling and benchmarking.
- Simulation of the ionization dynamics of aluminum irradiated by intense short-pulse lasers. J. MacFarlane, I. Golovkin, P. Woodruff et al., Inertial Fusion Sciences and Application, p. 457 (2003)
Memos on PrismSPECT Benchmark Calculations
- Aluminum Kα satellite absorption spectroscopy
- Collapsing of atomic energy levels: a primer on atomic models
- Picosecond time-resolved measurements of dense plasma line shifts. C. Stillman, P. Nilson, S. Ivancic, I. Golovkin, C. Mileham, I. Begishev, D. Froula, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 95, p. 063204 (2017).
- Experimental study of current loss and plasma formation in the Z machine post-hole convolute. M. Gomez, R. Gilgenbach, M. Cuneo, C. Jennings, R. McBride, E. Waisman, B. Hutsel, W. Stygar, D. Rose, Y. Maron, Phys. Rev. Accel. Beams, Vol. 20, p. 010401 (2017).
- Model uncertainties of local-thermodynamic-equilibrium k-shell spectroscopy. T. Nagayama, J. Bailey, R. Mancini, C. Iglesias, S. Hansen, C. Blancard, H. Chung, J. Colgan, Ph. Cosse, G. Faussurier, R. Florido, C. Fontes, F. Gilleron, I. Golovkin, D. Kilcrease, G. Loisel, J. MacFarlane, J.-C. Pain, G. Rochau, M. Sherrill, R. Lee, High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 20, pp. 17-22 (2016).
- Calibrated simulations of Z opacity experiments that reproduce the experimentally measured plasma conditions. T. Nagayama, J. Bailey, G. Loisel, G. Rochau, J. MacFarlane, I. Golovkin, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 93, p. 023202 (2016).
- Visualizing fast electron energy transport into laser-compressed high-density fast-ignition targets. L. Jarrott, M. Wei, C. McGuffey et al., Nature Physics, Vol. 12, pp. 499-504 (2016).
- Fundamental investigation of Dry Electrical Discharge Machining (DEDM) by optical emission spectroscopy and its numerical interpretation. F. Macedo, M. Wiessner, C. Hollenstein, P. Esteves, K. Wegener, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technology, Vol. 87, pp. 1-13 (2016).
- Demonstration of space-resolved X-ray Thomson scattering capability for warm dense matter experiments on the Z accelerator. T. Ao, E. Harding, J. Bailey, R. Lemke, M. Desjarlais, S. Hansen, I. Smith et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol.18, pp. 26-37 (2016).
- EUV induced low temperature SF6-based plasma. A. Bartnik, P. Wachulak, H. Fiedorowicz, W. Skrzeczanowski, R. Jarocki, T. Fok, L. Wegrzynski, Journal of Instrumentation, Vol. 11, C03009 (2016).
- Influence of Xe and Kr impurities on x-ray yield from debris-free plasma x-ray sources with an Ar supersonic gas jet irradiated by femtosecond near-infrared-wavelength laser pulses. V. Kantsyrev, K. Schultz, V. Shlyaptseva, G. Petrov, A. Safronova et al., Phys. Rev. E., Vol. 94, p. 053203 (2016).
- A higher-than-predicted measurement of iron opacity at solar interior temperatures. J. Bailey, T. Nagayama, G. Loisel, G. Rochau, C. Blancard, J. Colgan, Ph. Cosse, G. Faussurier, C. Fontes, F. Gilleron, I. Golovkin, S. Hansen, C. Iglesias, D. Kilcrease, J. MacFarlane, R. Mancini, S. Nahar, C. Orban, J.-C. Pain, A. Pradhan, M. Sherrill, B. Wilson, Nature, Vol. 517, pp. 56-59 (2015).
- The generation and amplification of intergalactic magnetic fields in analogue laboratory experiments with high power lasers. G. Gregori, B. Reville, F. Miniati, Physics Reports, Vol. 601, pp. 1-34 (2015).
- Temporal characteristics of the pulsed electric discharges in small gaps filled with hydrocarbon oil. U. Maradia, Ch. Hollenstein, K. Wegener, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Vol. 48, Issue 5, p. 055202 (2015).
- Measurements of the ablation-front trajectory and low-mode nonuniformity in direct-drive implosions using x-ray self-emission shadowgraphy. D. Michel, A. Davis, W. Armstrong, R. Bahr, R. Epstein, V. Goncharov, M. Hohenberger et al., LLE Review, Vol. 142, pp. 83-90, (2015).
- Time-resolved study of the extreme-ultraviolet emission and plasma dynamics of a sub-Joule, fast capillary discharge. J. Valenzuela et al., Phys. Plasmas, Vol. 22, p. 083501 (2015).
- Direct observation of an abrupt insulator-to-metal transition in dense liquid deuterium. M. Knudson, M. Desjarlais, A. Becker, R. Lemke, K. Cochrane, M. Savage, D. Bliss, T. Mattsson, R. Redmer, Science, Vol. 348, Issue 6242, pp. 1455-1460 (2015).
- Rayleigh-Taylor-instability evolution in colliding-plasma-jet experiments with magnetic and viscous stabilization. C. Adams, Dissertation from University of New Mexico. Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, (2015).
- Modeling the heating and atomic kinetics of a photoionized neon plasma experiment. T. Lockard, Dissertation from University of Nevada, Reno (2015).
- A comparative study of the inner-shell and the ionic line radiation from ultra-short laser-produced magnesium plasma. V. Arora, P. Naik, U. Chakravarty, K. Singhal, B. Rao, J. Chakera, M. Singh, P. Gupta, Physica Scripta, Vol. 89, Issue 11, p. 115601 (2014).
- Turbulent amplification of magnetic fields in laboratory laser-produced shock waves. J. Meinecke, H. Doyle, F. Miniati, A. Bell, R. Bingham, R. Crowston, R. Drake, et al., Nature Physics, Vol. 10, pp. 520-524 (2014).
- Experiment on laser interaction with a planar target for conditions relevant to shock ignition. Y. Maheut, L. Antonelli, S. Atzeni, J Badziak, F. Baffigi, D. Batani, C. Cecchetti et al., Physica Scripta, Vol. 2014, Issue T161, p. 014017 (2014).
- Time-resolved compression of a capsule with a cone to high density for fast-ignition laser fusion. W. Theobald, A. Solodov, C. Stoeckl, K. Anderson, F. Beg, R. Epstein, G. Fiksel et al., Nature Communications, Vol. 5, p. 5785 (2014).
- Radiative precursors driven by converging blast waves in noble gases. G. Burdiak, S. Lebedev, A. Harvey-Thompson, G. Swadling, F. Suzuki-Vidal, G. Hall, E. Khoory et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 21, Issue 3, 10.1063/1.4867174 (2014).
- Theoretical modeling of radiation-driven atomic kinetics of a neon photoionized plasma. T. Durmaz, Dissertation from University of Nevada, Reno, Category: Physics, Fluid and Plasma, Radiation (2014).
- Measurements of railgun generated supersonic plasma jet propagation and two jet oblique merging. E. Merritt, Dissertation from University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, Dept. of Physics, Mathematics (2013).
- Observations of the emission processes of a fast capillary discharge operated in nitrogen. M. Valdivia, E. Wyndham, M. Favre et al., Plasma Sources Science and Technology, Vol. 21, Issue 2, p. 025011 (2012).
- Calibration and analysis of spatially resolved X-Ray absorption spectra from a nonuniform plasma. P. Knapp, S. Hansen, S. Pikuz et al., Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 83, Issue 7, pp. 073502-073502-9 (2012)
- A technique for measuring the propagation of a supersonic radiation front in foam via spacially resolved spectral imaging of a tracer layer. J. Taccetti, P. Keiter, N. Lanier et al., Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 83, Issue 2, pp. 023506-023506-7 (2012)
- Hot-spot mix in ignition-scale implosions on the NIF. S. Regan, R. Epstein, B. Hammel, L. Suter et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 19, p. 056307 (2012).
- Target-heating effects on the Kα1,2 -emission spectrum from solid targets heated by laser-generated hot electrons. P. Nilson, W. Theobald, C. Mileham et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 18, p. 042702 (2011).
- Early stage optical emission in nanosecond laser ablation. G. O'Connell, I. Tobin, J. Lunney, 30th ICPIG, School of Physics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland (2011).
- Experimental investigation of thermal plasma formation from thick aluminum surfaces by pulsed multimegagauss magnetic field. T. Awe, B. Bauer, S. Fuelling et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 17, Issue 10, p. 102507 (2010).
- Threshold for thermal ionization of an aluminum surface by pulsed megagauss magnetic field. T. Awe, B. Bauer, S. Fuelling et al., Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 104, p. 035001 (2010).
- Al 1s-2p absorption spectroscopy of shock-wave heating and compression in laser-driven planar foil. H. Sawada, S. Regan, P. Radha, R. Epstein, D. Li et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 052702 (2009).
- Accretion disk dynamics, photoionized plasmas, and stellar opacities. R. Mancini, J. Bailey, J. Hawley et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 041001 (2009).
- Experimental investigation of opacity models for stellar interior, inertial fusion, and high energy density plasmas. J. Bailey, G. Rochau, R. Mancini et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 058101 (2009).
- Spectroscopic measurements of temperature and plasma impurity concentration during magnetic reconnection at the Swarthmore Spheromak Experiment. V. Chaplin, M. Brown, D. Cohen, T. Gray, C. Cothran, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 042505 (2009).
- Laser assisted heating of extreme ultraviolet-emitting Z-pinch plasmas. S. Wieneke, S. Bruckner, W. Viol, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 15, p. 122508 (2008).
- Spectroscopic studies of a hollow-cathode-triggered Z-pinch discharge. S. Wieneke, S. Bruckner, W. Viol, Plasma Science, Vol. 35, Issue 3, p. 601-605 (2007).
- Iron-plasma transmission measurements at temperatures above 150 eV. J. Bailey, G. Rochau, C. Iglesias, et al., Physical Review Letters, Vol. 99, p. 265002 (2007).
- Hot surface ionic line emission and cold K-inner shell emission from petawatt-laser-irradiated Cu foil targets. W. Theobald, K. Akli, R. Clarke et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 13, p. 043102 (2006).