VisRad comes with online documentation and a set of examples that allow users to get started quickly. Many of the user interface windows have Help buttons that go directly to the relevant help page.
- VISRAD - a 3-D view factor code and design tool for high energy density physics experiments. J. MacFarlane, J. Quant. Spectr. Rad. Transfer, Vol. 81, p. 287 (2003)
Memos and Benchmark Calculations
- Simulation of OMEGA hohlraum temperatures
- Simulation of OMEGA capsule radiation symmetry
- Laser light reflection benchmark
- Ring power source benchmark
- Using X-ray Thomson Scattering to Measure Plasma Conditions in Warm Dense Matter Experiments on the OMEGA Laser. A. Saunders, Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley (2018).
- Theoretical modeling of radiation-driven atomic kinetics of a neon photoionized plasma. T. Durmaz, Dissertation, University of Nevada, Reno (2014).
- Photoionized neon plasma experiments at Z: data processing and analysis development. D. Mayes, Dissertation from University of Nevada, Reno, (2014).
- View factor estimation of hot spot velocities in inertial confinement fusion implosions at the National Ignition Facility. C. Young, L. Masse, D. Casey, B. MacGowan, O. Landen, D. Callahan, N. Meezan, R. Nora, P. Patel, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 27, p. 082702, (2020).
- Focusing protons from a kilojoule laser for intense beam heating using proximal target structures. C. McGuffey, J. Kim, M. Wei, P. Nilson, S. Chen, J. Fuchs, P. Fitzsimmons, E. Foord, D. Mariscal, H. McLean, P. Patel, R. Stephens, F. Beg, Scientific Reports, Vol. 10, p. 9415, (2020).
- Design of cylindrical implosion experiments to demonstrate scale-invariant Rayleigh-Taylor instability growth. J. Sauppe, S. Palaniyappan, J. Kline, K. Flippo, O. Landen, D. Shvarts, S. Batha, P. Bradley, E. Loomis, B. Tobias, N. Vazirani, C. Kawaguchi, L. Kot, D. Schmidt, T. Day, A. Zylstra, E. Malka, High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 36, p. 1 - 12, (2020).
- Advances in mapping of x-ray emission from NIF hohlraums. H. Chen, M. Vandenboomgaerde, O. Jones, High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 36, p. 1 - 5, (2020).
- Design of a new turbulent dynamo experiment on the OMEGA-EP. A. Liao, S. Li, H. Li, K. Flippo, D. Barnak, K. Van Kelso, C. Fiedler Kawaguchi, A. Rasmus, S. Klein, J. Levesque, C. Kuranz, C. Li, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 26, p. 032306, (2019).
- The role of incidence angle in the laser ablation of a planar target. B. Scheiner, M. Schmitt, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 26, p. 024502 (2019).
- Towards a novel stellar opacity measurement scheme using stability properties of double ablation front structures. A. Colaitis, J.-E. Ducret, M. Le Pennec, X. Ribeyre1, S. Turck-Chieze, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 25, p. 072707, (2018).
- Using the ROSS optical streak camera as a tool to understanding laboratory experiments on Laser-driven magnetized shock waves. A. Liao, P. Hartigan, G. Fiksel, B. Blue, P. Graham, J. Foster, C. Kuranz, High Power Laser Science and Engineering, Vol. 6, p. 22 (2018).
- A GPU based iteration approach to efficiently evaluate radiation symmetry for laser driven inertial confinement fusion. . H. Li, Y. Huang, S. Jiang, L. Jing, H. Xia, T. Huang, Y, Ding, X. Chen, Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 59, p. 293 - 304,(2018).
- Numerical study of core formation of asymmetrically driven cone-guided targets. H. Sawada, H. Sakagami, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 24, p. 100703 (2017).
- Rayleigh-Taylor and Richtmyer-Meshkov instability induced flow, turbulence, and mixing. II. Y. Zhou, Physics Reports, Vol. 723-725, p. 1 - 160, (2017).
- Determination of the laser intensity applied to a Ta witness plate from the measured x-ray signal using a pulsed micro-channel plate detector. L. Pickworth, M. Rosen, M. Schneider, D. Hinkel, L. Benedetti, R. Kauffman, S. Wu, High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 23, p. 159 - 166,(2017).
- Numerical modeling of laser-driven experiments aiming to demonstrate magnetic field amplification via turbulent dynamo. P. Tzeferacos, A. Rigby, A. Bott, A. R. Bell, R. Bingham, A. Casner, F. Cattaneo, E. Churazov, J. Emig, N. Flocke, F. Fiuza, C. B. Forest, J. Foster, C. Graziani, J. Katz, M. Koenig, C.-K. Li, J. Meinecke, R. Petrasso, H.-S. Park, B. Remington, J. Ross, D. Ryu, D. Ryutov, K. Weide, T. White, B. Reville, F. Miniati, A. Schekochihin, D. Froula, G. Gregori, D. Lamb, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 24, p. 041404 (2017).
- Development of a WDM platform for charged-particle stopping experiments. A. Zylstra, J. Frenje, P. Grabowski, G. Collins, P. Fitzsimmons, S. Glenzer, F. Graziani et al., Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 717, p. 012118 (2016).
- Preliminary characterization of a laser-generated plasma sheet. P. Keiter, G. Malamud, M. Trantham, J. Fein, J. Davis, S. Klein, R. Drake, High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 17, Part A, pp. 208-212 (2015).
- Long duration X-ray drive hydrodynamics experiments relevant for laboratory astrophysics. A. Casner, D. Martinez, V. Smalyuk, L. Masse, J. Kane, B. Villette, J. Fariaut et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 17, Part A, pp. 146-150 (2015).
- A unified modeling approach for physical experiment design and optimization in laser driven inertial confinement fusion. Haiyan Li, Yunbao Huang, Shaoen Jiang, Longfei Jing, Huang Tianxuan, Yongkun Ding, Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 100, pp. 596-607 (2015).
- Influence of capsule offset on radiation asymmetry in Shenguang-II laser facility. Jing Longfei, Li Hang, Lin Zhiwei, Li Liling, Kuang Longyu, Huang Yunbao, Zhang Lu et al., Plasma Science and Technology, Vol. 17, Issue 10, p. 842 (2015).
- Angular radiation temperature simulation for time-dependent capsule drive prediction in inertial confinement fusion. Longfei Jing, Shaoen Jiang, Dong Yang, Hang Li, Lu Zhang, Zhiwei Lin, Liling Li et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 22, Issue 2, p. 022709 (2015).
- The Shock/Shear platform for planar radiation-hydrodynamics experiments on the National Ignition Facility. F. Doss, J. Kline, K. Flippo, T. Perry, B. DeVolder, I. Tregillis, E. Loomis, E. Merritt, T. Murphy, L. Welser-Sherrill, J. Finke, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 22, p. 1 - 9, (2015).
- Radiation sources with planar wire arrays and planar foils for inertial confinement fusion and high energy density physics research. V. Kantsyrev, A. Chuvatin, A. Safronova, L. Rudakov, A. Esaulov, A. Velikovich, I. Shrestha et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 21, Issue 3, p. 031204 (2014).
- Measurements of hohlraum-produced fast ions. B. Zylstra, C. Li, F. Seguin, M. Rosenberg, H. Rinderknecht et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 19, p. 042707 (2012).
- General procedure for calculation of diffuse view factors between arbitrary planar polygons. S. Mazumder, M. Ravishankar, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 55, p. 7330-7335, (2012).
- Reduced ablative Rayleigh-Taylor growth measurements in indirectly driven laminated foils. G. Huser, A. Casner, L. Masse, S. Liberatore, D. Galmiche et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 18, p. 012706 (2011).
- Charged-particle probing of X-ray-driven inertial-fusion implosions. C. Li et al., Science Mag., Vol. 327, pp. 1231-1235 (2010).
- Planar wire-array Z-pinch implosion dynamics and X-ray scaling at multiple-MA drive currents for a compact multisource hohlraum configuration. B. Jones, D. Ampleford, R. Vesey, M. Cuneo et al., Physical Review Letters, Vol. 104, p. 125001 (2010).
- Diagnosing indirect-drive inertial-confinement-fusion implosions with charged particles. C. Li, F. Seguin, J. Frenje, M. Rosenberg et al., Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion, Vol. 52, p. 124027 (2010).
- Wall and laser spot motion in cylindrical hohlraums. G. Huser, C. Courtois, M. Monteil, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 032703 (2009).
- High-energy point-projection radiography of a driven, shielded hohlraum. P. Keiter, J. Workman, Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 77, p. 10E324 (2006).
- Numerical modeling of hohlraum radiation conditions: spatial and spectral variations due to sample position, beam pointing, and hohlraum geometry. D. Cohen, O. Landen, J. MacFarlane, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 12, p. 122703 (2005).
- Dopant radiative cooling effects in indirect-drive Ar-doped capsule implosion experiments. J. MacFarlane, I. Golovkin, R. Mancini, L. Welser et al., Physical Review E, Vol. 72, p. 066403 (2005).
- Measurement and analysis of x-ray absorption in Al and MgF2 plasmas heated by Z-pinch radiation. G. Rochau, J. Bailey, J. MacFarlane, Physical Review E, Vol. 72, p. 066405 (2005).
- Tracer spectroscopy diagnostics of doped ablators in inertial confinement fusion experiments on OMEGA. D. Cohen, J. MacFarlane, P. Jaanimagi, O. Landen, D. Haynes et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 11, Issue 5, pp. 2702-2708 (2004)).
- Quantified reduction of wall material influx during hohlraum experiments. S. Batha, J. Fincke, Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 75, Issue 10, pp. 3934-3936 (2004).