PrOpacEOS Reports and Whitepapers
The physics algorithms in PrOpacEOS are the same as those used in PrismSPECT. Readers are referred to PrismSPECT reports and whitepapers for information on atomic processes and spectral modeling.For examples of utilization of PrOpacEOS data in radiation-hydrodynamics simulations, readers are referred to HELIOS reports and whitepapers.
- Design of a new turbulent dynamo experiment on the OMEGA-EP, A. Liao, S. Li, H. Li, K. Flippo, D. Barnak, K. Van Kelso, C. Fiedler Kawaguchi, A. Rasmus, S. Klein, J. Levesque, C. Kuranz, C. Li, Physics of Plasmas, v. 26, p. 032306, (2019).
- Simulation study of the influence of experimental variations on the structure and quality of plasma liners, W. Shih, R. Samulyak, S. Hsu, S. Langendorf, K. Yates, Y. Thio, Physics of Plasmas, v. 26, p. 032704, (2019).
- Constraining preheat energy deposition in MagLIF experiments with multi-frame shadowgraphy. A. Harvey-Thompson, M. Geissel, C. Jennings, M. Weis, M. Gomez, J. Fein, D. Ampleford, G. Chandler, M. Glinsky, K. Hahn, S. Hansen, E. Harding, P. Knapp, R. aguio, L. Perea, K. Peterson, J. Porter, P. Rambo, G. Robertson, G. Rochau, C. Ruiz, J. Schwarz, J. Shores, D. Sinars, S. Slutz, G. Smith, I. Smith, C. Speas, K. Whittemore, D. Woodbury, Physics of Plasmas, v. 26, p. 032707, (2019).
- Numerical simulation of magnetized jet creation using a hollow ring of laser beams. Y. Lu, P. Tzeferacos, E. Liang, R. Follett, L. Gao, A. Birkel, D. Froula, W. Fu, H. Ji, D. Lamb, C. Li, H. Sio, R. Petrasso, M. Wei, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 26, p. 022902 (2019).
- Anomalous material-dependent transport of focused, laser-driven proton beams. J. Kim, C. McGuffey, D. Gautier, A. Link, G. Kemp, E. Giraldez, M. Wei, R. Stephens, S. Kerr, P. Poole, R. Madden, B. Qiao, M. Foord, Y. Ping, H. McLean, J. Fernandez, F. Beg, Nature Scientific Reports, Vol. 8, p. 17538 (2018).
- Physics criteria for a subscale plasma liner experiment. S. Hsu, F. Thio, J. of Fusion Energy, s10894-018-0154-5, (2018).
- Magnetized plasma target for plasma-jet-driven magneto-intertial fusion. S. Hsu, S. Langendorf, J. Fusion Energy, pp. 1 - 17 (2018).
- Measurements of ionization states in warm dense aluminum with betatron radiation. M. Mo, Z. Chen, S. Fourmaux, A. Saraf, S. Kerr, K. Otani, R. Masoud, J.-C. Kieffer, Y. Tsui, A. Ng, R. Fedosejevs, Phys. Rev. E, vol. 95, p. 053208 (2017).
- Experimental study of the interaction of two laser-driven radiative shocks at the PALS laser. R. Singh, C. Stehle, F. Suzuki-Vidal, M. Kozlova, J. Larour, U. Chaulagain, T. Clayson et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 23, pp. 20-30 (2017).
- One-dimensional radiation-hydrodynamic simulations of imploding spherical plasma liners with detailed equation-of-state modeling. J. Davis, S. Hsu, I. Golovkin, J. MacFarlane, J. Cassibry, Phys. Plasmas, Vol. 19, p. 102701 (2012).
- Dependence of the cutoff in lithium plasma harmonics on the delay between the prepulse and the main pulse. M. Suzuki, M. Baba, R. Ganeev, L. Elouga Bom, H. Kuroda, T. Ozaki, Journal of Physics B, Vol. 45, Issue 6, p. 065601 (2012).
- SESAME: the Los Alamos National Laboratory equation of state database. S. Lyon, J. Johnson, LANL Technical Report LA-UR-92-3407, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM (1992).
- A new quotidian equation of state (QEOS) for hot dense matter. R. More, K. Warren, D. Young, G. Zimmerman, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 31, p. 3059 (1988).