SPECT3D comes with on-line documentation and a set of examples that allow users to get started quickly. Many of the user interface windows have Help buttons that go directly to the relevant help page.
SPECT3D - a multi-dimensional collisional-radiative code for generating diagnostic signatures based hydrodynamics and PIC simulation output, J. MacFarlane, I. Golovkin, P. Wang, P. Woodruff, N. Pereyra, High Energy Density Phys., Vol. 3, pp. 181-190 (2007)
SPECT3D Reports and Whitepapers
The physics algorithms in SPECT3D are the same as those used in PrismSPECT. For examples of post-processing results from radiation-hydrodynamics simulations, readers are referred to HELIOS reports and whitepapers.
- Numerical investigations of potential systematic uncertainties in iron opacity measurements at solar interior temperatures. T. Nagayama, J. Bailey, G. Loisel, G. Rochau, J. MacFarlane, I. Golovkin, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 95, p. 063206 (2017).
- Two-color monochromatic x-ray imaging with a single short-pulse laser. H. Sawada, T. Daykin, H. McLean, H. Chen, P. Patel, Y. Ping, F. P'erez, Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 88, p. 063502 (2017).
- Characterization of near-LTE, high-temperature and high-density aluminum plasmas produced by ultra-high intensity lasers. V. Dervieux, B. Loupias, S. Baton, L. Lecherbourg, K. Glize, C. Rousseaux, C. Reverdin et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 16, pp. 12-17 (2015).
- Theoretical and experimental studies of radiation from Z-pinch complex wire arrays and applications. M. Weller, Dissertation from University of Nevada, Reno (2014).
- Crossed-beam energy transfer in direct-drive implosions. I. Igumenshchev, W. Seka, D. Edgell et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 19, p. 056314 (2012)
- Investigatingi inertial confinement fusion target fuel conditions through x-ray spectroscopy. S. Hansen, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 19, p. 056312 (2012).
- Hot-Spot mix in ignition-scale implosions on the NIF. S. Regan, R. Epstein, B. Hammel et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 19, p. 056307 (2012).
- Thomson scattering measurements of temperature and density in a low-density, laser-driven magnetized plasma. D. Schaeffer, D. Montgomery, A. Bondarenko et al., Journal of Instrumentation, Vol. 7, p. 02002 (2012).
- Spectroscopic observations of Fermi-degenerate aluminum compressed and heated to four times solid density and 20 eV. S. Regan, H. Sawada, V. Goncharov et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 7, pp. 259-262 (2011).
- Observation of K-shell soft x-ray emission of nitrogen irradiated by XUV-free electron laser FLASH at intensities greater than 1016 W/cm2. E. Galtier, F. Rosmej, O. Renner, L. Juha et al., Contrib. Plasma Phys., Vol. 51, No. 2-3, p. 284-287 (2011).
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy for wire-array z-pinches at the non-radiative stage. V. Ivanov, P. Hakel, R. Mancini, J. Chittenden et al., High Energy Density Physics, Volume 7, Issue 4, pp. 383-390 (2011).
- Measurement of the ionization state and electron temperature of plasma during the ablation stage of a wire-array Z pinch using absorption spectroscopy. V. Ivanov, P. Hakel, R. Mancini et al., Phys. Rev. Letters, Vol. 106, p. 225005 (2011).
- Doppler effects on 3-D non-LTE radiation transport and emission spectra. S. Hansen, B. Jones, J. Giuliani, J. Apruzese et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 7, pp. 303-311 (2011).
- Applied spectroscopy in pulsed power plasmas. G. Rochau, J. Bailey, Y. Maron, Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 17, p. 055501 (2010).
- Modelling, design and diagnostics for a photoionised plasma experiment. I. Hall, T. Durmaz, R. Mancini, J. Bailey, G. Rochau et al., Astrophys. Space Sci., Vol. 322, pp. 117-121 (2009).
- Simulations of Fe at 156 eV with configuration interaction and mixed UTA. M. Klapisch, M. Busquet et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 5, pp. 105-109 (2009).
- Applied plasma spectroscopy: laser-fusion experiments. S. Regan, B. Yaakobi, T. Boehly et al., High Energy Density Physics, Vol. 5, pp. 234-243 (2009).
- Al 1s-2p absorption spectroscopy of shock-wave heating and compression in laser-driven planar foil. H. Sawada, S. Regan, P. Radha et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 052702 (2009).
- Experimental investigation of opacity models for stellar interior, inertial fusion, and high energy density plasmas. J. Bailey, G. Rochau, R. Mancini et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 058101 (2009).
- The effects of target mounts in direct-drive implosions on OMEGA. I. Igumenshchev, F. Marshall, J. Marozas et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 16, p. 082701 (2009).
- Implosion dynamics and x-ray generation in small-diameter wire-array Z pinches. V. Ivanov, V. Sotnikov, J. Kindel et al., Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 79, p. 056404 (2009).
- Spectrally resolved and Rosseland and Planck mean opacities of iron plasmas at temperatures above 100 eV: a systematic study. G. Cheng, Z. Jiaolong, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 78, p. 046407 (2008).
- Implosion dynamics and K-shell x-ray generation in large diameter stainless steel wire array Z pinches with various nesting configurations. B. Jones, C. Coverdale, C. Deeney et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 15, p. 122703 (2008).
- Dynamics of conical wire array Z-pinch implosions. D. Ampleford, S. Lebedev, S. Bland et al., Physics of Plasmas, Vol. 14, p. 102704 (2007).
- Iron-plasma transmission measurements at temperatures above 150 eV. J. Bailey, G. Rochau, C. Iglesias et al., Physical Review Letters, Vol. 99, Issue 26, p. 265002 (2007).
- Hot dense capsule-implosion cores produced by Z-pinch dynamic hohlraum radiation . J. Bailey et al., Physical Review Letters, Vol. 92, Issue 8, p. 085002 (2004).